dumpling with yeast learn with us . Imagine sitting on your couch on a cold winter day wanting a cup of tea and a fresh pastry but not wanting to go to the bakery, what do you think is the best thing to do? Right, making a homemade pastry is easy! It’s the best thing you can do. You just need to use simple ingredients to make a fresh, homemade pastry and enjoy eating it. Danish pastry is one of the most delicious pastries with many fans. Making this pastry at home is very simple, you just need to have a little love and skill for baking pastries to experience baking a delicious pastry with us. In this article, stay with us to see a step-by-step tutorial for making Danish pastry with yeast dough.
Ingredients for Danish Pastry | dumpling with yeast
- White flour: 3 cups
- Sugar: 3 tablespoons
- Liquid oil: 2/1 cup
- Yeast dough: 2/1 tablespoon
- Water: 1 cup
- Egg: 1
- Vanilla: 1/2 teaspoon
- Saffron infusion: 2 tablespoons
How to Make Danish Pastry
- First, you should pour the sourdough dough with warm milk and sugar in a bowl, (don’t forget to test the yeast dough first) mix this combination gently for 5 minutes and then let it rest in a closed container for 5 to 10 minutes to ferment. (Yeast dough ferments faster in a warm, dark place.)
- Now sift the flour carefully in 3 stages, this will help your pastries rise properly and prevent them from becoming doughy.
- At this stage we start making the dough, add the egg to the sifted flour and gently mix and knead them together. Once a smooth dough is formed, cover it with a cloth napkin and let it rest for 1 hour.
- After the rest time, roll out the dough on a flat surface with a rolling pin and shape it into a rectangular shape in a bowl. Grease your hands so the dough doesn’t stick, be careful not to use flour at this stage as it will make the dough stiff.
Ingredients for Danish Pastry Filling | dumpling with yeast
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Starch: 3 tablespoons
How to Make Danish Pastry Filling
Mix all the ingredients in a pot and combine well. After dissolving, place over heat and stir continuously until it thickens to a viscous liquid. Now your pastry filling is ready. Let’s continue reading the rest of the tutorial together.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and allow the oven to heat up properly. Spread the cooled filling horizontally on the dough. Be careful not to pour hot filling on the dough, as this will cause the filling to spill out during baking. Roll up the dough starting from the side with the filling, and allow the rolled dough to rest for a quarter.
You can also bake homemade bread using Khuzestan yeast dough.
- At this stage, cut the dough into equal pieces. Make a wash by mixing egg yolk, milk, and saffron infusion, and brush the pastry surfaces with it using a pastry brush. You can also decorate with chopped pistachios, almonds, and sesame seeds to taste.
- Choose a nonstick baking pan or mold, grease the bottom, and line it completely with parchment paper. Arrange the dough pieces in the pan spaced apart and bake for 30 minutes until cooked through.
- It’s best to check on the pastries after baking begins and remove them from the oven once the tops are golden brown.
- At this stage, we should make a sweet nectar for the pastries. After making the sweet nectar, completely coat the pastry surfaces with it.
Ingredients for Danish Pastry sweet nectar
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Saffron infusion: 1 tablespoon
- Rosewater: 1 tablespoon
How to prepare Danish sweet nectar
dumpling with yeast. First, pour the water and sugar into a pot and mix. After mixing, place over heat. Once the sugar dissolves in the water, add the rosewater and saffron infusion. Allow this mixture to boil well and reach the desired consistency, the more it boils the better sweet nectar you’ll have.